Sunday, July 24, 2016

Gender Neutral Nursery


Grayson's Nursery in Mint, Gray & Yellow
Final touches added after he was born

 One of the most exciting projects that I've ever worked on was my baby's nursery. When we found out we were pregnant, one of the first decisions that we made was that we weren't going to find out the gender until the baby got here. So, I embarked on the challenge of a gender-neutral nursery. 

After hours on Pinterest, we decided to keep the wall color that was already in the home office - 'Mint Condition' - which would also save us a paint job. The complimentary colors we decided on were White, Yellow & Gray, so we purchased a gray crib, dresser and rocking chair. We also decided to go with an Elephant theme, since I've always loved stories about how elephants are so loyal to their families and the lasting bond between a mother & baby elephant. 

Aside from baby shower gifts, many of the accessories in the room were found at my favorite place- Home Goods- including the ottoman, yellow & white floor-length curtains, owl chevron throw pillow, gray & white elephant 3-drawer storage set and picture frames. The distressed gray shelves to the left of the windows are one of my favorite things and they're from Target. 

Also, we waited to add some of the finishing touches after Grayson was born. I had an idea about what I wanted to do above the crib and when my sister-in-law gave me the black & white canvas of Grayson and his Dad for Christmas, I knew just where to put it. I ordered the decal above the crib from Etsy and it was actually extremely easy to put up on the wall. 

No comments:

Post a Comment