Friday, January 30, 2015

Gallery Wall Project!

So exciting- our staircase photo gallery wall is finally done! After lots of Pinterest research and inspiration, much debate about the layout and tons of hammering / leveling, I'm really happy with how it came out. 

Check it out below:
Stairwell Photo Gallery Wall: January 2015

At first, I was going to keep going and do a backwards L shape to follow the shape of the wall. But, once I started getting my frames up I decided to square it out. The process was also more daunting than anything. I only re-organized a few of the frames once they were up on the wall, which surprised me. And, it's a bit more symmetrical than I originally thought I wanted. I also had big plans at the beginning to follow a Pinterest tutorial I saw where you trace the outline of each frame in paper and put those up on the wall first, but it turned out to be more frustrating to add the extra frame-tracing step. So, we just winged it & I think it worked out pretty great! I still need to change out some of the photos and I'm sure I'll switch things out every once in awhile to keep it interesting, but for now I'm really happy with it... and my husband is glad that he doesn't need to hang any more pictures for now! 

No comments:

Post a Comment