Monday, October 21, 2013

Wedding Season comes to an end...

This past weekend I attended my sixth wedding of the year (yes, that’s right, 6- not a typo). They ranged in location from Connecticut to Long Island to North Carolina. It was a big commitment, especially since I attended most of the bridal showers & bachelorette’s, but I have to say that we had a blast at every single one... Every bride was stunning & we got to celebrate and have really good times with friends & family.

I’m pretty fortunate that I actually love weddings & almost everything about them. I would have to say that my favorite part (aside from the open bar) are the speeches by the best man & maid of honor. I love to hear what the people closest to them have to say about the bride and groom. I do hold them to a pretty high standard, though, because the speeches at my own wedding were pretty amazing… if I say so myself.  
The best wedding is the one where you can really feel the personality of the bride & groom come out in all of the details. Since my own wedding was less than a year ago, I can really appreciate the time & work that goes into these little things but I feel that it’s very important- I’ll share more tips + some of the things that I did/made in future posts, since I learned a lot. My wedding favors were mason jars filled with mixes for either chocolate chip or oatmeal raisin cookies (filled by hand with love). I also made the tags with stamps from Paper-Source (an amazing store for crafts & stationary- definitely check it out if you haven’t been) and with lotsss of help from my bridesmaids (thanks again Amanda & Morgan!). 


Mason Jar Favors from Left: 1) Stamped tags to be tied to lids, 2) filling jars with cookie mix, 3) finished stamped lids

I really believe that you don’t need to spend a fortune on a wedding to make it special. With a little time, creativity, help from your bridal party and lots of research on Etsy, it can be done pretty efficiently.

I’m looking forward to the break we have now so that we can spend some time relaxing, but don’t worry- there are 2 Save the Dates on my calendar already for 2014- Bring on the next wedding season!

No comments:

Post a Comment