Friday, September 19, 2014

Living Room

Hopefully no one's getting bored of the posts of progress in our house. As I finish this Interior Design course and many of our own projects, I'm getting more and more excited about the prospect of helping other people create a space that is both functional and beautiful. Hopefully I'll have some clients soon (or at least friends/family members who will let me practice designing)! 

So, in our Living Room we finally mounted our TV up on the wall and it also inspired me to organize. I'm really happy with how this space is coming along. I like that the wall color (Benjamin Moore) looks good and contrasts both with white and with black. It's a very clean color and I swear it changes throughout the day- depending on the amount of natural light coming into the room, it gets warmer or cooler so it never looks the same. I was hesitant about putting up such a neutral color but because of the open concept, a bold color choice would have been overwhelming. I am excited to paint a pop of color (or wallpaper) behind the built-in shelves. I think that will really help them stand out.
And, just for context, here's the Before: 
Left (From Listing) / Right (Right after painting)


No comments:

Post a Comment